The City of Northlake Municipal Ordinances requires inspection of all improved real estate (Single family, multi-family Commercial and Industrial) prior to transfer of the Property.
Inspection should be ordered at least 30 days prior to closing.
- Fee includes initial inspection, a re-inspection and the transfer stamp.
- Inspections will be scheduled only after request application has been submit along with the fee to the Department of Building and Inspectional Services.
- A written report will be sent to the entity requesting the inspection.
- The seller of the property has the following options:
- Correct all items listed as failed in the report and call for a re-inspection and receive a Certificate of Compliance upon payment of final water bill.
- Sell the property “as is”. The purchaser will have 120 days from the day of closing to make all repairs and call for a re-inspection. A Conditional Certificate of Occupancy will be issued to take to closing for signing upon payment of the final water bill.